Actually, no. The KAT500 does not communicate with the KPA500, only the K3. In
RADIO=K3 (on the KPA) changing bands on the KPA500 causes the KPA to send a
special Auxbus message to the K3. The KAT500 cannot receive this message. The
K3 does a band change, then sends data using normal Auxbus communications to
the KAT500. Note that the KPA500 only sends data on the Auxbus (only the K3 can
decode this), while the KAT500 only receives data, and only from the K3.

I _really_ wish the KAT500 and KPA500 could communicate, but unfortunately they
cannot.

73!
Jack, W6FB