Van: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> Namens
Paul GACEK via Elecraft
Verzonden: woensdag 12 mei 2021 03:27
Aan: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Onderwerp: [Elecraft] “Direct connect” of a K3/0 to K3s feasible/possible?

Is it possible to connect, using just copper wire a K3/0 to a K3s and forgoing
a pair of Remote Rig devices?

The use case is a K3s rack mounted in my house and a lot of cat6 (4x pair of
copper) wire running around that is not connected to my LAN.

The K3/0 would be in another room and I’d use a free cat6 to connect the /0 and
the k3S. Scenario is CW.

Given it’s last order time on K3 parts, I want to check feasibility of the K3/0
without spending a fortune on the remote rig boxes given my use case is intra
house.

Anyone have any ideas or direct experience?

Paul
W6PNG

delivered to h...@kpnplanet.nl