Hi Paul,

While the decision is of course highly individual, there are many good reasons
to upgrade to the K4.

Most obvious among them: the K4’s quantum leap in user interface. Second is
perhaps the expansion of digital audio interfaces, including HDMI video,
multiple USB ports, and ethernet.

The K4 also has unlimited expansion capability, both in software and hardware,
to adapt to future needs. The HDR and transverter modules are only two
examples. The ADCs and DAC are also located on small, easily upgraded modules,
ready for whatever exotic technologies the future may bring. The internal main
CPU is also in an industry standard form-factor so it can be easily upgraded.

Wayne
N6KR

----
elecraft.com