Yes, precisely!

This CW signal was so normal on 15 meters that I tried replying to it. Then
I realized whose signal it was, and checked 40m, and there was the REAL
signal. That's why I said it was splattering all over. The audio was
slathered all over 40m for half the allocation, up into the phone segment
and below 7 mhz downward. But the RF was so clear 3 bands away that I
thought he was transmitting there. But I'm not as up on what can cause
that, and thought it might be something on MY end, so I didn't want to lay
anything even remotely like blame on anyone. For all I knew, it was
something weird with my antenna, or my radio, or something else, like
resonance with a guy wire (I've heard of that happening).

I'm not trying to badmouth anyone, I was just shocked that the signal was
SO pervasive!

73,
Gwen, NG3P