Yes, wait until you have the radio in hand.  The only way to know what upgrade kits have been installed is by physical inspection.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 6/22/2021 6:26 PM, jerry wrote:
Thanks for the info, Don.

   I looked at the Elecraft site - the upgrade kit seems to exist - but I was not able to add it to a shopping cart.  The crystals are definitely there.  So is the SSB kit...that's really tempting.

   I should probably wait till the radio gets here.  The upgrade kit doesn't cost much, and neither do the crystals, but I'd feel really foolish if I looked in the radio, and it was already done.

                 - Jerry KF6VB

On 2021-06-22 14:17, Don Wilhelm wrote:
Jerry,

If you want to upgrade that K2, download the K2ATOB instructions from
the Elecraft website.
Then look at the first page to see the full list of upgrades -
download the instructions for each of them.

Armed with that documentation, you can physically examine the K2 to
see which upgrades have been installed.
Physical exam is the only way it can be done.

Elecraft still has the upgrade kits.

In addition to those upgrades, a big improvement in the IF filtering
can be accomplished by changing to the better upgraded crystals.
Elecraft sells a kit of either 7 (base K2 only) or 14 crystals (for
both the base K2 and the KSB2 adapter.

73,
Don W3FPR