so I use more than one, but that's a personal choice.

Here's some logging software features that are important to me...they may
not be important to you...

#1) must allow me to record all of the information I care to log, and not
force me to record stuff that I don't
#2) must automatically capture any information from #1 that is provided by
the radio or other peripherals (e.g. time, data, frequency, mode, callbook
lookups,  etc.) without me having to manually enter it
3#) must support import/export of data in standard formats
4#) must support reporting of things I'm interested in knowing from my log
(canned reports and/or database queries)
5#) must be in active development and support (e.g., to support new
contests, changes to DX entity lists, bug fixes)

Some very nice to have items (bordering on essential for me):
#6) integration with Logbook of the World
#7) integration with DX spotting networks
#8) integration with digital modes (e.g. software for RTTY, PSK, MSK, etc.)

Other useful features:
#9) integration to control antenna rotators
#10) customizable colors, fonts, etc.
#11) free or low cost

I choose the software that works best for me, and then get the platform
that supports it (Windows in my case). Others may value a specific platform
(Mac/Win/Linux) more highly and look for software that can run on it. To
each his own.

  I’ve settled on DXLab DXKeeper for general use and DXing, and a separate
contest-focused logger for contesting (usually N1MM, but I occasionally use
others specifically written for certain contests). I export ADIF files from
the others after each contest and import them to DXKeeper as my “master
log”.  I've also found the N3FJP loggers to be a good value for the money.
I've dabbled with others as well on Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS - they
all have their advantages.  Good luck in your quest !