It depends on what you're doing with it.

If you're using it for individual contests/awards/etc., I feel like setting
up your own station is required for it to "count".

If you're doing it for the fun of it, I feel like borrowing someone else's
is fine.

I'll throw in a related question: what's the right way to identify or
disclose when you're borrowing someone else's station? I've got 15 W into a
random wire in a noisy city QTH, but my girlfriend one state over (but same
FCC callsign digit) has 100 W into a proper 40m dipole in a quiet rural QTH.

Cheers,

Julie