Jerry,

Yes, there is a bit of compromise between LSB and USB on the carrier null, but it should not be much.  Settle for a compromise position.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 6/30/2021 10:06 PM, jerry wrote:
So I got up at 5:30 this morning and continued stuffing the SSB adapter card. Finished it up this afternoon.

Trying it out, the CPU came up... CW still worked... But no SSB transmit, and the SSB receive was very very soft.  Had to turn the AF gain up all the way to hear
anything at all.

My untutored diagnosis - something was wrong with that 7-crystal SSB filter.

So I pulled the card out, scrubbed it again with IPA, stuck it under the microscope to look - again - for solder splashes and cold joints.  Scraped off a little something here & there. Also, I had doubts about the connections to the input & output transformers.  So I hit those again with the soldering iron.

Put the card back in the K2 - and ...Wow!  Lively SSB receive!  RF out on transmit!

  Still need to align the rig.  Piping the output into another ham rig through a big attenuator - it sounds pretty good.  One niggle - carrier suppression.  If it's nulled out for LSB, it's not for USB.  The nulls are in different places on the pot.  I guess you set a compromise position, and make sure the carrier is off the skirts of the filter, so that can help.

                    - Jerry KF6VB