I'd suggest this is a better question for Towertalk or the RFI reflector

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 7/6/2021 9:52 AM, steve WB3LGC wrote:
I'll ask a similar question...

I use a horizontal 80m loop fed with ladderline.  I have a 1:1 choke at the ladderline to coax connection with 10 feet to the tuner.  My noise is a lot less than it was long ago...  The noise may be gone, or the balun helps, or it was a different antenna. Should I change anything?

The real Q...  Portable I use a 135' dipole with ladderline and a choke at the tuner.  Would I be better off using coax and a choke to feed the antenna??  I do like the multi band capability of the ladderline (450 ohm) center fed "zepp".

my choke is (2) FT240-31's with 12 turns RG-8x.

73, steve WB3LGC