Funny you should say that, Andy ;-) Before LP-100 was a wattmeter, the basic circuit was used by me to tune the DE and reflector of a mini-beam project that I was working on at the time.

Regards,
Larry N8LP

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 23:34:52 +0000
From: Andy Durbin <a.dur...@msn.com>
To: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] The next generation KAT500

The next generation KAT500 should measure the complex load impedance, including
the sign of X, compute the L and C required to match, and plug in those values
as the initial tuning solution.  Why wouldn't this approach be better than
flailing around in the dark like most auto tuners seem to do?

I doubt this will ever happen but the idea of combining the KAT500, LP-100A, and an
Arduino controller to implement this "smart" tuner keeps banging around in my
head.   Maybe one day I'll give it a try.

73,
Andy, k3wyc