Actually, I never suggested a Q for the coil.  Al must have been thinking about somebody else when he said that part, although the rest of what he attributed to me is accurate.  I usually use a Q of 200  for an air core coil if I'm trying to be conservative, but a Q of 400 is reasonable if you have room for a coil of decent size and as you say, 700-800 is achievable if you have the ability to optimize it.   I have no idea what the Q of a ferrite core inductor in a typical antenna tuner is.

Your description of the MN-2700 makes me want to go look for one. ;)

73,
Dave   AB7E