HA!

I use both my K3 and my K2 on FT8.

The K3 is pretty rock solid, even on 6m. Yea, a few Hz a few minutes after
turning on, especially if you start transmitting from a cold rig.

The K2, on the other hand, drifts a LOT more. Start transmitting, and it will
eventually shift about 20-50 Hz as it heats up. Yes, I do have the PLL
temperature compensation mod installed. Once warmed up, it may drift about 5-10
Hz after that as it heats and cools.

Even with this magnitude of drift, FT8 works just fine and it is not a concern.

> On Jul 27, 2021, at 10:20 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've just started experimenting with WSJT-X on 6M, and notice that on the
> waterfall signals seem to drift slightly over the first 3-4 minutes.  It's a
> matter of just a few Hz, and seems to stop after that - I'm just wondering if
> this is normal or reason for any concern.
>
> --
> 73, Pete N4ZR
> Check out the new Reverse Beacon Network
> web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
> For spots, please use your favorite
> "retail" DX cluster.

> Message delivered to aa...@arrl.net