Chuck,

I, too, have been using an IC-7610 with the KAT500/KPA500 combination for
several years. My IC-7610 TUNER jack is connected to the TUNE jack on the
rear of the KAT500 via a LDG Electronics IC-PAC-6 cable. While the TUNE
button on the IC-7610 or the TUNE button on the KAT500 activates the
IC-7610 10W tune function and causes the KAT500 to tune, the Elecraft
KAT500 manual stated "If a tune cycle is performed, 20 watts or more will
produce more accurate tuning".

My procedure is to switch to RTTY mode on the IC-7610 and key the rig. The
KAT500 matches the load and I return the rig to the previous mode. This
literally takes only a few seconds. Yes, the TUNE button works but I have
found that sometimes my method produces a better match. Be sure to follow
the KAT500 "training" procedure to store your various bands and frequencies
in the tuner so they can be quickly recalled.

As has been mentioned, you have to manually adjust your output as you
switch between the amp and full power. I have a Brother P-Touch label on
the amp to remind me about max power input.

As for obtaining a tuner cable, you can get one from LDG, and other
vendors. The IC-PAC-6 cable is 6' long while the IC-PAC cable is 14" long.
https://ldgelectronics.com/index.php/products/accessories/cables/

GL & 73!

Ken
WA2LBI