Aaron,

Unless you have done some sort of mod to that K2, you do NOT have speaker audio at pin 6 of the mic jack. The audio is on the Control Board and RF Board, but NOT the Front Panel board.

The schematic of the Kenwood MC-43S microphone from G4WPW (SK) shows no speaker function and no connection to pin 6.

73,
Don W3FPR