I keep an eye for discarded PC computers on garbage and recycling days here,
mostly to take out the 12 vdc fans from the power supply.
I have those in abundance now, more than I need. But I run them on 9 vdc with
no trouble (wall warts and such) or from the 12 vdc I might be using for a rig.
I use those fans on top of my Drake tube gear with the open perforated cabinets
and so on. I have boatanchor rigs I also blow air into or out of when running
them in the shack in the winter months (my basement is not conducive to tube
gear operation in the summer!).

As they are free and are pretty darn quiet (especially at 9 vdc) they are
useful to have at hand for any situation where heat might need to be dealt with.

Brian VE3HI  VE3VAW Toronto ON