Aaron,

I cannot give you a specific answer, but go by the heat.
I would suggest you first try 5 watts, and operate at that level for a while (I suggest 10 minutes). Then check the heatsink temperature - if you can hold your fingers on it for longer than 5 minutes, then all is well.
Increase the power by about 3 watts and try again.
When the heat gets too much to comfortably hold your fingers on the heatsink (next to the PA transistors), then you have exceeded the maximum power which you should use for transmit.

The generalized answer is that you should consider those modes as continuous duty and use 1/2 the normal full power output, but I suggest doing the test I referred to as a specific power limit for your particular K2.

73,
Don W3FPR