So I have been researching this most of the afternoon to no avail. I have a KX3
that when in Data A mode, does not indicate ALC on the ALC display.

I am using  WSJT-X to generate an audio signal from the PC. When I do so, I can
see that the KX3 is putting out RF, and in fact I can make contacts on FT8 with
no problem.  But it does not seem to matter where I set the PC sound card
volume, WSJT-X's audio level or the KX3’s mic gain, I do not ever see ALC bars.
 In fact, I can max them out and still not get ALC to show.

And yet, I plug in an MH3 (and turn on bias), and I can get ALC indication with
my voice just fine with mic gain at 30 to 40.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

73,
David - N5DCH