Mike,

First set the AGC Threshold voltage, and then check the operation of the RF Gain to see if you can get the CAL S LO and CAL S HI settings to fall in line.
It is not likely that replacing the pot will fix it.

For a scratchy AF Gain control, replace the control, as well as doing the Alternate AF Gain Wiring Modification.  You can download the instructions from the Elecraft website.

73,
Don W3FPR