On 2021-09-13 12:56, chetsubacco...@snet.net wrote:
Any other suggestions before I bit the bullet and prepare to send it to
Elecraft? Thanks for any ideas.

Generally, when miscellaneous weird stuff happens to a piece of complex equipment - stuff that seems to have no relationship the one to the other- my first instinct is to check the power supplies. Not just the main 13.8V power, but also any lower
( or higher! ) transformed voltages.

Here's an example - I have a Fluke 3000 signal generator that mostly works....except when it doesn't. It has a pair of 18V power supplies - plus & minus. The RF guts are in a multitude of little shield cans. In each can - well, in most of them - are a couple of 10uF tantalum caps, one on the positive leg, one on the negative leg. Once in a while, one of them will short out, disabling that particular power supply. When one of those 18V supplies goes out, pretty much everything dies.

Power supplies are like octopi - with tentacles going into every part of the radio. No guarantees of course - but when seemingly unrelated stuff starts failing, that's where I look first.

                      - Jerry KF6VB