On 9/22/2021 5:24 PM, Richard wrote:
I think I read here on this reflector that there is some sort of filter that I
can add to my transmission coax that will prevent this sort of thing. Can
anyone tell me about this approach to TVI?

That's ancient history. No longer applicable to digital TV. What you have encountered is a classic "Pin One Problem," a designed-in manufacturing error that is nearly universal in consumer electronics of all sorts, including computers, computer accessories, and ham gear.

A ham working in pro audio figured this out in 1994, and the pro audio industry corrected the problem within 4-5 years. The rest of the world never got the word. See page 5 in k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

BTW -- by the same mechanism, DC-DC converters built into those speakers are often a very strong source of RF noise in our receivers.

73, Jim K9YC