This question relates to the wiring inside the KX3 and not about battery
technology… I did not write the question well.

I have received back a lot of good advice on batteries, all correct and thanks,
 yet I do want to know about the KX3 wiring if you can help me please.

For interest only, the battery I have made is not a LiPo (never used even in my
RC gliders, as they do catch fire) it is a lithium Ion.  The polymer part
refers to it not being an 18650 cell (as used in laptops, power tools and
automobiles) but instead the flat 3.7v cells as found in tablets and phones.  I
may well have used the wrong terminology.

Anyway, can anyone help me with the wiring.   Can I attach the battery to pins
number 1 and 3 of the 10pin P3 connector ?

I have asked Elecraft direct and while waiting on their reply thought I would
post here.  Hope you can help

Thanks to all who have responded and 73

Kind Regards,

Rob Walker