I would like Elecraft to come out with two kits that Ten-Tec seems to want to languish or discontinue:

1. Yes, a general coverage receiver. But 0-60MHz and AM/SSB/CW/FM. Shortwave is still active and there are still many utility stations to tune in, including RTTY. And the receiver has to have the dynamics of a K2. and make it with options available for those who want to add them, like the K2. And price it at $500.00, which would be a reasonable price. It could even be designed to use the same DSP and computer I/O as the K2.

2. I always wanted to build a Ten-Tec 2m rig. Elecraft could easily engineer a better FM radio though, in my opinion. And while you are at it, make it an FM-only 144/220/440/902/1270 transceiver, where each band is a daughterboard that plugs into a main RF board. Each daughterboard would have its own memory for storing info. With optional amp like the Ten-Tec rig. This would be a complimentary rig to the K2/Transverter lineup, because that match covers SSB/CW.

These may be crazy to think about, but I am seriously considering homebrewing #2 myself.

And don't forget #3, the XG3 WARC band signal generator, which is just an XG2 with new crystals for 30, 17 and 12 meters.

Okay, feel free to laugh now...

Dan

-----
KX1 #1507