Jim,

Two possible fixes:
1) Use PTT via CAT command - most digital applications provide for it.
2) Check that your audio levels are sufficient - for the Elecraft gear, you should have 4 bars of ALC solid with the 5th one blinking.  See the full explanation on my website www.w3fpr.com.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 10/11/2021 3:23 PM, James Bennett via Elecraft wrote:
David -

I’ve played with the VOX Gain to no avail - at zero the rig never transmits,
and at 100 (where it has been sitting) I get the delay. Various settings in
between have no effect. The Delay controls how quickly the rig goes back into
receive mode after speaking. But, thanks for the hints!

Jim Bennett / K7TXA
Eagle, ID