Our club's K3 has had a similar  problem for several months.  It only occurs
when you physically turn the K3 power off from the from the front panel.  The
display stays lit, but remains blank.  Pressing the power button has no effect
until I turn off the 13.8V supply, and turning it back on.   When the K3 is
turned on using the front panel button, the display works OK until the next
time we turn off the power using the front panel.Our club K3 is set up as a
remote station using the RemoteHams.com software.  The K3 powers on and off
just fine when done from the remote client software.It seems like a 5V
regulator problem would affect the display all the time, not just when the
front panel power button is pressed.Thanks & 73,EdN2BHD