Bob,

Go to my webpage www.w3fpr.com and read the articular about setting the transmit audio levels. There are up to 3 sound level controls involved, 2 in the computer and one in the K3.

If you are using the MIC input, there are 2 levels - high output mics and low output mics.  Your audio soundcard should be able to use the high output setting, but if it was reset to the low output mic setting, that could explain your problem.

Strive for 4 bars solid on the ALC bargraph with the 5th bar flashing.

73,
Don W3FPR