Jerry,

Your K2 #1 DOES have AGC - it is built into ALL K2s.
There are 2 possibilities - 1) the AGC has been turned off - that is a 2 button function of PRE/ATT button and the AGC button pressed at the same time.  Normally just using the AGC button changes between FAST and SLOW.

2) The AGC threshold is not correct.  If the serial number is 3000 or above, there is a pot (R1 on the Control Board) to adjust the threshold - see the K2 manual for where to measure while setting it.

There are 2 VFOs in the K2 although only one is displayed at a time.  A simple tap of the A=B button will sync the 2 VFOs

It sounds like you  might benefit from downloading the K2 Quick Reference from my webpage www.w3fpr.com.  Look near the bottom of the homepage.  There is a lot more function to the K2 than meets the eye.

You will have to get the answer to your QSK on the K4 from someone else, but I expect it to be superb - I know both the K2 with the K2 Keying Waveshape Mod (SN 4660 and above) and the K3/K3S have excellent QSK keying, and I expect the same with the K4.

Unfortunately, the K2 Keying Waveshape Mod is not available from Elecraft, but Dave Van Wallaghen W8FGU was talking about providing a kit for it.  If your K2 does not have it, I would recommend contacting Dave. To check your K2 for the presence of that mod, remove the bottom panel and look at D36 - if it is a clear PIN diode or a PIN diode mounted on and SMD carrier board, the mod is installed.  That mod is important for preventing keyclicks which are not noticeable for the QRP K2, but become obvious with the KPA100 (or other amplifier).

73,
Don W3FPR