Yesterday was Halloween, Doug.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
CWops #5
Formerly K2VCO
https://www.qsl.net/k2vco/
On 01/11/2021 15:20, Douglas Zwiebel wrote:
  I had the strangest thing happenyesterday (K3, 1st prod run).

All of a sudden, I lost all audio output (headphones).  I pull the
headphones, but same thing on the internal spkr.  Radio was tuning,
receiving (per P3) and transmitting, but zero AF output.

After 15 seconds of wonder, I turned the K3off, waited 30 seconds and
turned it back on.  All was back to normal.

At one point, I heard a low rumble, like someone strong was tuning up on
me.  But no.  That immediately preceded the loss of AF.

After I turned it back on, after another 5-10 minutes, I again heard the
low rumble..but nobody tuning up on me...and this time, no loss of AF.

Again that same rumble happened again, but that time the AF went to about
50% but then came back after I transmitted a dit (just dumb luck timing?).

Have you heard any stories like this before or is this a novel experience?

Thanks
de Doug KR2Q