Bob,

The Elecraft mic pinout is ALMOST the same as Kenwood's
The Elecraft pin 6 carries +5 volts while for Kenwood, the +5 volts is on pin 5.
Pin 5 for Elecraft is the Function button.

If your microphone does not require +5 volts and does not have buttons other than PTT, then you only have to be concerned about pin 1 (AF), pin 2 (PTT) and pins 7 and 8 (one for PTT return and the other for AF return - both are connected together inside the K3).

Icom and Yaesu are not as straightforward, see the G4WPW info at https://www.qsl.net/g4wpw/date.html for details on the pinout for those mics.

If you can do a bit of soldering, you can make and adapter for the price of a male and female Foster connector and a bit of wire.  If you rewire the Foster connector on the mic, you don't need any adapter or connectors at all, just a bit of solder, to unsolder the wires from the existing connector and solder them in the correct pins for the K3.

OTOH, if you wish to switch back and forth between the Icom/Yaesu pinout and the Elecraft, the adapter or the MFJ box would be the best choice.

73,
Don W3FPR