Mark,

Did you measure C44 and C46 through the entire range of rotation? and what is the color of the plastic bodies? The last I knew, they were about 20pF maximum and the bodies were red.  The others do not have a sufficiently low capacity to tune 12 meters.

Similarly for C21 and C23 which the last I knew were yellow or brown.

If those capacitor pairs are swapped, you would have the problems you describe.

73,
Don W3FPR