Dave,

Being a little 'tongue in cheek' the answer is -- That depends on what you mean by "good"! Seriously, the fact that you can turn it on and off in the menu only means that there is a response from the KIO2 when it is communicating with the MCU over the AUXBUS line. I would suspect the MAX1406 IC, but since there was a lightning strike, it could be something different - anything!

First do all the voltage measurements on the KIO2 board.
Does anything get hot?  The voltage regulator in particular.
Are you using the "special cable" between the KIO2 and the KUSB cable?  You MUST use that!  It does not have to be long, but must be present.
Check that all the inductors show continuity.

If none of that is revealing, I can give you a series of tests that you can do to test the KIO2 alone (without removing it). If we get to that point, take it off-list (Delete "[Elecraft]" from the subject line) and I can give you the steps via private email.

73,
Don W3FPR