Our AX1 dual band whip has become a favorite of HF portable operators who
travel light—especially those engaging in /PM (pedestrian mobile) operation.

Now we’ve created an even more compact whip: the single-band (20 m) AX2. It
uses the same telescoping whip as the AX1 (6” collapsed). And like the AX1, the
whip and base unit can be quickly disassembled for transport.

But the AX2 takes portability to the next level, with a base unit that’s only
2.5” long. The AX2‘s base also has much lower wind load, and is designed to
completely eliminate wobble at the BNC connector.

Best of all, the AX2 can be modified for use on any band from 17 through 6
meters by removing turns from its high-Q toroidal inductor. (Soldering
required.) With renewed solar activity, the higher bands are becoming more
active, often with low noise conditions ideal for SOTA as well general QRP
operation.

For full details, see:

https://elecraft.com/products/ax2-minature-20-meter-whip-antenna

Limited quantities of the AX2 are available now.

Note: As with other electrically short loaded antennas, the AX2’s resonant
frequency will vary with terrain, height above ground, counterpoise position,
body capacitance, etc. For this reason an ATU is required for transmit
purposes; this will also improve sensitivity on receive. The Elecraft KX2 and
KX3 both have wide-range ATUs suitable for this purpose, allowing instant
one-touch retuning as conditions change. An Elecraft T1 ATU may also be used.

Join in the fun of ultralight HF operation with our new AX2!

73,
Wayne, N6KR
Eric, WA6HHQ

----