Mike,

The K1 must tune a bit below the low end of each band.  That is to compensate for the crystals on the band board not being precision crystals - so your K1 is behaving as normal.

You CAN tweak it by a small amount on ONE band (the 2nd band will change too).

In your case, I would choose 40 meters since it is only low by 20 kHz while 20 meters is low by 26 kHz. You can do this in receive by looking at the frequency display because you have already confirmed it is showing the correct frequency.

Tune the VFO to the low end of 40 meters and then spread (or compress) the turns of L1 a little at a time until the display shows about 6995kHz, then check 20 meters to make sure it is a bit below the band edge too. That is the best compromise that you can do without losing a bit of the bottom edge of the band.

73,
Don W3FPR