I’ve been following this topic for a couple of days. Here are my observations:

I don’t use 80 metres much, mainly due to horrendous local noise. On Christmas
Eve, I wanted to join a Santa Claus net and checked the tuning solution for my
antenna (which is not very good for 80 metres) and it seems to have changed
since I last set it up for the particular frequency. I tried a re-tune and
could not get a very good match. I was rather surprised as I’d always heard and
found that the KAT500 could match an iron bedstead. 😀

I decided to ignore the poor match, thinking it would be ‘good enough’, but on
transmitting SSB at 100W, after a very short while, the tuner went into a Fault
condition. A further attempt at matching (20W power) produced the same Fault
result. I’ve not made further tests yet on 80m but 40m is as good as ever
(1.2:1).

I checked the firmware and although I thought I had the latest, it appears that
I had not updated the utility and it reports v1.75v ask being up-to-date.

I’ve downloaded the later utility, but not applied it yet, I now wonder whether
to upgrade, or will I be opening a new can of worms? Should I try to get a
better tuning solution with v1.75 first?

Having started to install a Mac mini in the shack, I also downloaded (but not
installed) the Mac version of the utility and I notice that there is about a
two year difference between that and the Windows version. Are they the same
utility, or should there be an updated version for Mac?

73,
Alan - G4GNX