Greetings,

I'm a new member and this is my first post.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the assembly of the K1 (with

backlight) which I'll use on 20 and 40 meters.

Over the years, I've put together a few dozen kits and would be

grateful to know if there are any little "kinks" with this kit,

or things that will improve performance that could be done during

assembly.  An example would be to replace a transistor and the biasing

network attendant to it with other parts to have a quieter audio

chain.

All hints, tips, words of wisdom, counsel and advice are appreciated.

72,

Tim Colbert  K3HX