Oh my, Bill.  You're dating yourself...as am I.

I worked for HP in the early 70's when they were the calculator king. Part
of the HP folklore is how HP got into the calculator business which is
fascinating.  I remember seeing a T-shirt with three symbols on it:  Enter
> =.  It took me a while to figure that out, and to this day I really don't
like algebraic calculators.  My 1st unit was a 12C and a 41C, both of which
I still have.  Oh, I still have my K&E Log Log Duplex Decitrig slide rule
with mahogany rails.  Yup....I'm old.

Downloaded the 42C app on the iphone.  I feel at home again.

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 11:39 AM Bill Frantz <fra...@pwpconsult.com> wrote:

> I have an HP-11 bought when they were new, which is an old and reliable
> companion. I have “Retro 15C” on my iPhone which also works well. While I
> generally don’t program them — I like the self-documentation of a real
> programming language for anything complex enough to need a program — they
> work really well for quickly working a simple calculation.
>
> I have never been able to figure out which order the infix calculators are
> going to work my problem, so without RPN I’m up a creek.
>
> 73 Bill AE6JV
>

> > On Jan 30, 2022, at 09:53, Joe Subich, W4TV <li...@subich.com> wrote:
> >
> > I still have an HP15C on my desk that I picked up when I was working
> > at the Ohio State University and taking EE/Computer Science from '79-
> > ’84.

> Message delivered to clark.macau...@gmail.com

Clark, WU4B
Little Pistol With Wires
QRPARCI #10815
SKCC #3892
NAQCC #5055
CWOPS #1869
Collins Collectors #AC90-12432
Southeastern DX Club <http://www.sedxc.org>
North Georgia QRP Club <http://www.nogaqrp.org>

*"It is vain to do with more what can be done with less."*
*Attributed to *William of Occam (1288 AD - 1348 AD)