I actually found with a 100 watt power setting on the radio, the actual output power was more than 120 watts.  (See the discussion on Power Calibration).  This would of course affect the current demand.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 2/4/2022 2:16 AM, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
Message: 4
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 18:12:38 -0600
From: "Dr. William J. Schmidt"<b...@wjschmidt.com>
To:<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] HI CURR indicator on K3S display

I remember some discussion about HI CURR issues and the causes here a while
ago.  I just noticed it on my radio.. Changing the display to read amps, it
indicates 21.6 amps, but the amp meter on the power supply is only showing
10.1 amps.  The radio sensing circuit seems to be in error.  Anyone else
delt with this?

VP2EHZ