73!

Dan KB6NU
CW Geek and MI Affiliated Club Coordinator
Read my ham radio blog at www.kb6nu.com
LET'S GET MORE KIDS INTO HAM RADIO!

On Aug 5, 2006, at 9:40 PM, Paul Gates, KD3JF wrote:

The YL and I had a good day at the National Zoo
in Wash. DC .... Set up the KX1 in the Parking
Lot with a 40 meter Ham Stick and made contacts
with the KX1. I was excited about that because I
have made very few contacts in the past with the
KX1.

I have not hooked any cables up to the car
battery yet but a few months ago John Harper had
told me about the 11.1 V. LiPoly battery and used
it today. The KX1 was putting out 3.5-4 watts so
that made it pretty easy to have some contacts.

We parked by an Island of grass under a shady
tree and set up our 2 folding chairs with a shelf
on the right side of the chair so that made
operating a breeze. The Antenna was in the clear
and set up in the center of the rear deck of our
Impala.

Paul, KD3JF

Paul, KD3JF
Glen Burnie, MD