-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Martin DD4UKP
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 4:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: [Elecraft] KIO2 is it to expensive ? / Was KIO2 For S/N 0539

Hello Mark,

Yes you are right the KIO2 is another Elecraft quality kit !

Please don't get me wrong for what I'm gonna write : I love my K2 !

BUT I have the feeling it is also the most overpriced extension that you
can purchase for your K2. I have a full loaded K2 (KDSP2, KAT2, KNB2,
KSB2, K160M) and KPA100+KAT100 in a EC2 enclosure. At $89 I really have
the feeling that it is twice to expensive considering what you get. Also
you MUST have it four a couple of option like the KAT100 or the
transverter. As it is the only "proper" way to get Auxbus signals out of
the K2 I really think it should have been included into the basic K2.
I'm not aware of what the R&D cost for this option where but I feel that
the price should be around $35 to $45 ...

Maybe we will have the luck to get it on the K3 :)

Martin DD4UKP / F4UKP