TS-890

On 2/24/2022 6:46 AM, rikoski wrote:
Here is my situation. I have an Elecraft K3 setup: K3 transceiver; Pan Adpter;
KAT 500 tuner; KPA 500 , 500W power amp. All Elecraft, all plug compatible.

In January in the middle of a QSO, the Elecraft transceiver stopped working. I
got return authorization and returned the transceiver to Elecraft for service.
They say that because of the number of units returned to them, it will be
another 2 months before they can get around to mine. So I'm off the air for 3
months..

So what to do? Give Elecraft $5000 for a new K4; Buy a Yaesu FT Dx 10 with a
very good receiver but is not easily plugged into the Elecraft K line; Buy an
Icom 7300 which I have familiarity with and will be easy to attach; Go on eBay
and buy a used K3 and hope that it works; or buy something else?

When I get my K3 back, I either will keep what ever I buy now as a spare to use
when the K3 fails again or sell off my entire K line and migrate away from
Elecraft recognizing that their service is not like to improve and that I have
alternatives.

Advice please. Thanks. W9ZD

Message delivered to wes_n...@triconet.org