Good Evening,

   Twenty meters was quiet, when I heard signals they were easy copy.  Mild QSB with low noise.  But low noise does not imply good conditions :)  Forty meters had more noise with stronger QSB.  I gave one report of S7 to S9 with very rapid QSB which chopped up characters.  There was also an odd squeaking sound on half of you.  Not chirp, it was like sound moving through water.

   The last week of winter is bringing large temperature swings in Georgia with dancing in the streets of Iowa.  North Dakota is still in the grips of winter.  It can't be that much longer until the thaw.  Indiana and Michigan sounded nice while California seemed pleasant too.  Wind passing through Oregon sweep through Idaho a few minutes later.  Yes, it is that windy :)

   Today's wind helped me with my antenna project.  I am recycling the central guying rope from a dead doublet to be my only guy rope of a vertical.  I dropped the remnants of the doublet, untied the guy rope and tied a brick to it.  I pulled it outward to free the line from some limbs then walked toward the trunk.  Then I pulled it up from the other side to free it from the last branches so it would drop next to the trunk.  It got stuck dangling far above my reach, for the last week.  Yesterday's deluge followed by high winds freed it.  I found the brick dangling right where I wanted it to be.  Cool!  Soldering awaits.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

NO8V - John - MI

K6XK - Roy - IA

K4JPN - Steve - GA