Pete,

If you turn the RF Gain down gradually, do you get a progression of LEDs to light one at a time? If so turn the RF Gain fully clockwise and then adjust Control Board R1 to obtain 6 volts at CB U2 pin 5.
After that, adjust CAL S Low and CAL S Hi.
If your K2 SN is lower than 3000, R1 is  FIXED RESISTOR.

73,
Don W3FPR