That message means that for some reason or another. the K3 is detecting a key closure on power up. Check your key and the contact spacing first, and then proceed to anything that may be causing  that message.
Don't overlook a stuck PTT switch, which can cause the same message.

If all else fails, unplug the key and the microphone - it should come up without the message - then plug them in one at a time, power up and see which is causing the
ERR message.

If you are using a straight key with a mono plug. change it to a stereo plug and use the KEY jack on the K3 rather than the paddles jack.

73,
Don W3FPR