Over a period of time I've noticed an occasional error when transmitting FT8 on 30 meters with my K3S using WSJT-X. A couple of seconds into a transmit cycle, WSJT-X will display a "Rig control error" box, and I start hearing the rig's modulated audio output on its own speaker. This only happens on 30 meters, and not 100% of the time. Over the past day, I've done FT8 QSOs normally on various bands, but when I tried 30 meters tonight I experienced the above error several times in a row. It's occurred over time using various versions of WSJT-X. The computer is a Mac running Catalina.

I tried going into WSJT-X preferences and changing Radio > Split Operation from "Rig" to "Fake It," but the error persisted.

I can try changing around various parts of the setup (using a Windows PC, for example), but first was curious if anyone has seen a band-specific error like this.

Thanks,

Frank K6FOD