From: Jim Brown
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2022 10:26 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Follow-up to OT

On 4/27/2022 2:45 PM, jerry wrote:
> Samlex inverters

These inverters are NOT quiet.  Slide 213 in this pdf shows what I had
to do to kill the trash coming out of their SMALLEST one to use it to
power the logging computer for HF mobile contesting!

http://k9yc.com/KillingRXNoiseVisalia.pdf

  My partner in these events, W6GJB, bought one or two sizes up; it was
MUCH worse, and there was nothing we could do to make it usable.

FCC Part 15 Class B is still a very loose RFI spec, and the specified
testing setups fail to reveal the design and construction errors that
can cause massive radiated trash.

73, Jim K9YC

Message delivered to wa6...@gmail.com