Hello All,

It's been quite a while since I hooked up my older K3 to my computer - it's been running virtually flawlessly for many years. I just got a new laptop and before I connect it to the RS232 port via my vintage Elecraft USB to serial cable, I'm wondering if I have forgotten any "gotchas" about the sequence and/or any drivers required.  It's been so long I just don't remember.  Besides my shack computer is running Windows 8.1 and this new laptop is running Windows 10.

I figured I'd ask before I just plugged it in.

The reason for this new laptop is that I am taking the old K3 (#3045) on the road in a few weeks to activate grid DM17 and a few SOTA summits in wilds of Nevada.  Here is the beginnings of the "Gridpedition" blog here:

http://kg6mzs.com/grid-expedition-to-dm17/

...and my general SOTA blog is here:

www.kg6mzs.com

For those that might want to follow along at home.

TIA & 73

Eric KG6MZS