Unbelievable answers (really).

If someone asked if anyone was knowledgeable about contesting or say eme, would you just answer yes or no? Or would you offer assistance to the questioner?

My first ham antenna was a folded dipole for 40m. It was described in my first ARRL Handbook as there were no nearby hams to ask and in 1958 there was no internet. TV twinlead was locally available so was easier to make than one requiring coax. I soldered a PL-259 directly the twinlead feedline and connected to my DX-35 (which loaded it FB even with high SWR that, at age 14, I was unaware of).

For HF half-wave, center-fed, dipoles have been my favorite. Currently have a 80/40M inverted-V (fan-style). Wire lengths slightly longer for resonance than for horizontal dipole. Cut slightly longer than formula (492/F) and trim until SWR matched. I have ends supported with nylon cord over pulleys to lower for cutting.

73, Ed - KL7UW