Larry, I will also be there.    It is maybe a quarter the size of Dayton but I
believe more salubrious.   My good wife comes with me and we generally make a
week of it.   Friedricshafen is a resort area of DL land.   People generally
eat outdoors in the town looking out across the Bodensee to mountains in HB
land.    You can take ferries all around L. Constance visiting both HB and OE
lands.   They run as one expects being so close to HB and are not dear.    No
problem with English as the DLs are most understanding of our lack of language
skills.   Most restaurants either have English on the menu or an English menu.
  If you are on your own it is not difficult to join in with another group.
Oh and the beer is good.We will be staying in the town at first Hotel City
Krone with a split to the Select Hotel and then back to Hotel City Krone.   You
do not want the incumberance of a car.   Taxis are reasonable and buses good.
There is a free shuttle running regularly from the ferry docks to the Messe
about four miles out of the town.   Do not be anxious this is a fun enjoyable
town.73   EI2CN   DougSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Larry Shapiro <k6r...@gmail.com> Date:
21/06/2022  03:31  (GMT+00:00) To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net Subject: [Elecraft]
friedrichshafen Hello Elecraft fans..Anyone here going to the Friedrichshafen
convention next week ?I will be there Friday and Saturday,and look forward to
meeting some new friends.Thanks,Larry K6ro www.LSRarecoins.com
http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htmPost: mailto:elecr...@mailman.qth.netThis list
hosted by: http://www.qsl.netPlease help support this email list:
http://www.qsl.net/donate.htmlMessage delivered to turnb...@net1.ie