Having an FT857D and TS570D, when I compare the CW performance of my K2
with them, the K2 wins every time. Due in no small part to the narrow
"roofing" filter inherent in a single conversion receiver, the good and
quiet solid state change over and the low noise receiver.

On SSB the differences are less, especially if I ignore the FT857D as
it's quite "hissy" on receive. The TS570 isn't a bad performer on SSB
and has nice sounding audio. My K2's SSB unit is an early one and has a
nominal bandwidth of 2.2 KHz. Compared to the wider bandwidth of the
Kenwood, it will sound more restricted. Add the basic K2's power
limitation of 10 Watts, which has more of an impact on SSB than CW, then
it's no surprise the K2 tends to get less of an enthusiastic review when
compared on SSB.

73 Dave, G4AON
K2 #1892