This may not be of much use to you but I have found on the K3 that the AFX BIN setting very significantly reduces the perception of noise when listening to the external speakers. (But not so much in the headphones). The speakers are MFJ-281, 6" separation, about 30" from ears, dead ahead.

If you do a lot of speaker listening you might want to try the binaural afx. I have found it to be much more comfortable on noisy bands. I am assuming it will work similarly on my K4.

73,
Drew
AF2Z