Building the kit is not difficult is you have basic mechanical skills. There
are LOTS of screws.  I suggest laying out the parts and making a full inventory
before starting.

Elecraft has used various torroidal main transformers.  The one that came with
my kit had almost zero clearance.  I used temporary cardboard shims to center
it before securing the hold down nut.

One note of caution.  Elecraft saved 10 cents or less by not using a boxed
header for the PA module ribbon cable connector that interfaces with front
panel module.  It is very easy to fit this connector one row out of proper
registration.   I found it easier to see the connector if the front panel was
rested on top of the case rather than as shown in the assembly manual.

Andy, k3wyc